WordPress: How to Install a Plugin
How to Install a WordPress Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Plugins.
- Click on Add New.
- Use the screen that appears to find a plugin of your choice.
- Click Install Now for the plugin you want to install.
- Click Activate to turn the plugin on.
- Based on the plugin, you may need to further configure the plugin to use within your WordPress site.
How to Manually Install a WordPress Plugin
- Locate and download the plugin of your choice.
- Connect to your hosting files FTP: How to Connect to Your Website.
- Upload your plugin file(s) into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and activate the plugin.
Want to learn more about WordPress
WordPress: Tutorial Videos: To help you easily grasp the basics of creating a WordPress website, PureHost has created several free tutorial videos. These videos were designed to be followed in order, but you are welcome to view whichever one best suits your needs.
PureHost Support for Plugins
If you have any issues that occur during the installation of a WordPress plugin, please contact us for assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the functionality of the plugin itself, we highly recommend that you contact the plugin developer as they will be best equipped to assist you. The contact information for the developer is listed on the plugin's page at WordPress.org.
Prior to installing and activating any plugin, we strongly encourage you to consider backing up your WordPress website as well as research the plugin to see if it may have any compatibility issues with other plugins, themes or the WordPress version associated with your site.